The meaning of BU TOKU KAN
What does « BUTOKUKAN » mean ?
The name « BUTOKUKAN » has three Kanji.
- « BU » refers to the traditional martial arts of BUDO,
- « TOKU »refers to the MARTIAL VALUES such as Respect, Courage, Honesty, Humility, Friendship, Tolerance, Politeness,… The apprentice of these VALUES through trainings makes us ALL stronger and better persons!
- « KAN » refers to the DOJO or gym where the trainings take place.
- Monday : 7:00 – 9:00 PM (Kendo)
- Tuesday : 7:00 – 8:00 PM (Iaido) & 8:00 – 9:00 PM(Kendo)
- Wednesday : 6:00 – 8:00 PM (Iaido)
- Friday : 7:00 – 9:00 PM (Kendo)
All practices are held at the Palais du Midi.
Adres : Rue Roger van den Weyde 3 – 1000 Brussels
Do you have any questions ?
You will find the most frequent questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
WHAT'S KENDO ?
Kendo is the Japanese way of fencing, in old times it was practiced by the samurais. The fighter wears an armour for protection and is armed with a bamboo sword known as a Shinaï.
HOW CAN I REGISTER ?
Before being registered in our Dojo, you must attend a full workout as a spectator, then you are entitled to a one Kendo and / or Iaido free training .
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of training to fill the “trial period agreement”. For minor aged, the parents must be present to sign the document.
IS THERE AN INSURANCE ?
The license / insurance costs 50 Euros for adults and 25 Euros for children (under 16 years old). A medical certificate from your doctor is required each year to confirm that you are healthy to practice Kendo / Iaido.
WHAT'S IAIDO ?
Iaido is the study of handling a katana, a real Japanese sword.The basic practice of Iaido is Zen Nihon Kendo Renmei (Japanese Kendo Federation). The Koryu that we practice is the Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST ?
The fee for the practice of Kendo and Iaido is of 35 Euros per month for adults and 20 Euros per month for children.
WHAT EQUIPMENT TO START ?
For the first course, a classic sportswear is enough. Then a hakama and kendogi (or iaidogi) will be required for practice. A shinai and / or bokken are sufficient for the first months.
Kendo Kyoshi 7° Dan
Iaido Renshi 7° Dan
Kendo 5° Dan
Iaido 2° Dan